VP, Music Brand Partnerships
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora’s Music Makers Group (MMG) is looking for a VP, Music Brand Partnerships, who exemplifies the Pandora principles of self-motivation, passion, collaboration, experience and perspective. Working closely with the Sales organization, this individual will drive the monetization of Music Maker initiatives including events and content programs. Pandora’s world class sales organization and its fast-moving Music Makers Group are aggressive and effective in their respective spheres. The VP, Music Brand Partnerships will be responsible for making sure that Music Maker programs are packaged, positioned, presented and operationally aligned with the Sales team for monetization. This includes representing MMG and/or managing MMG representation in client meetings and presentations. Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with partners both within and outside the Pandora organization will be key to the candidate’s success. The ideal candidate will possess a familiarity with Music Industry norms and practices, along with experience packaging and delivering sponsored content to advertising clients.
- Day to day management of the relationship between Music Makers Group and Sales department, including sellers, Sales Development, and Ad Products
- Act as MMG’s key point of contact for Sales to evangelize and operationalize the sale of live events and recorded content
- Represent Music Makers group in internal and external sales meetings; manage involvement of MMG leadership (Events, Content, Industry Relations, Strategic Partnerships) in same
- Facilitate the packaging of MMG programs for monetization
- Represent the Sales POV to MMG leadership to optimize ideation and presentation of new and existing MMG-led initiatives
- Evaluate existing, and implement new business processes and systems to align MMG and sales. Play a major role in change management, taking into account specific needs of each group
- Provide hands-on assistance in developing realistic timelines for MMG’s sold initiatives by engaging with MMG operations team
- Provide MMG and Sales team members with thorough support on all sold campaigns and provide clear direction to team members
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience, at least 5 at the nexus of music and brands on the label, management, and/or agency side
- Experience in managing a team
- Track record of successfully managing talent/sponsor relationships
- Ingrained understanding of Music Industry norms, practices, motivations, and structures, including label, management, publishing, and live music sectors
- Understanding of ad sales cycles, rhythms, and timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, motivate strategic thinking and ensure insightful problem solving; should have a high EQ
- Strong presentation skills and comfort presenting to disparate groups of stakeholders
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills; polished and professional demeanor
- Passion for Music, musicians, and the music industry
- Analytical with a high aptitude for data and strong work ethic
- BA/BS degree required; MBA desirable
- Brings a sense of “fun” that inspires others and creates a healthy team environment
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top