Vice President, Connected Vehicle Engineering
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Connected Vehicle (CV) Services division of SiriusXM is a leading provider of connected vehicle services, vehicle based consumer services. We build and deliver software-based services to over 10 vehicle manufacturers in the US and Canada. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
The Connected Vehicle business has been operating for over 20 years and is a pioneer in transforming the vehicle experience to take full advantage of the possibilities of an always connected vehicle. We have been at the forefront of innovation delivering core safety services like automatic crash notification, in-vehicle SOS services as well as a wide range of convenience services.
The Connected Vehicle business operates the full lifecycle of a subscription business for our OEM partners. This includes running CRM and billing and subscription management on top of the core telematics services. We handle billions of transactions every year through our platforms and have operating targets of five nines of service availability.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate technology leader with a background as a software professional to help us create, extend, and maintain our Connected Vehicle platform. This position will lead multiple software engineering initiatives and teams to deliver the next generation of functionality for our customers. This position will play a pivotal role in defining the future of our systems, products and how we deliver great products to the market while making sure that we deliver on our promise of zero failures for our critical services.
The Connected Vehicle business is building upon its existing services to deliver new and enhanced safety services and new in-vehicle experiences to delight drivers. The evolution of the connected car, IOT, smart cities and homes, autonomous vehicles, machine learning and 5G services provide a multitude of opportunities to enrich the driver, dealer and service provider experiences. As the leader of the CV Engineering organization you will leverage the evolving technology landscape to accelerate the delivery of these new services.
The Engineering mission statement is: “To regularly and repeatedly delivery high quality software and systems to our customers, that delights them, and makes efficient use of our engineering teams and resources.”. As the leader of the CV Engineering organization you will be empowered to make the team, process and technology decisions to deliver on this mission and will be held accountable by the business and the engineering team. We focus on keeping engineers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the CV Engineering organization responsible for all software architecture, implementation, validation and integration.
- Cultivate a world class engineering organization by continually challenging the team and raising the bar on what a motivated team can accomplish.
- Invest in engineering processes and technology stacks to leverage best practices in Agile methodologies and Cloud computing.
- As part of the CV Executive Team create and execute on a platform and product roadmap that evolves the CV platform and introduces new CV Services that drive substantial revenue growth.
- Maintain the operational quality of our existing production services and exceed committed service level objectives and agreements.
- Be responsive to the requests of our key OEM customers for incremental service enhancements while continuing to evolve core product and platform services.
- Complete the migration of our platform from an on premise platform to a modern, cloud-based architecture to enable global service expansion and the rapid introduction of new services.
- Drive a culture of innovation and be an agent of change
- Cultivate a culture that rewards aggressive pursuit of innovative solutions to problems
- Be responsive to the business in proposing and developing new products and services
- Identify opportunities to create new products and services that meet current and prospective market opportunities
- Drive change across the entire CV organization
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of cumulative software development leadership at a director, senior director or VP level delivering commercially deployed products to market.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Requirements and General Skills:
- A passionate leader who is able to inspire and challenge the team to deliver against aggressive goals.
- A focused leader who is able to prioritize, deal with ambiguity, make decisions, manage risk and ensure value is being delivered to our customers and the organization.
- A leader who is able to collaborate and communicate with customers, executives, peers and multiple teams to ensure alignment and to deliver results.
- A technologist that has a background in software engineering, that is passionate about new technology trends and is able to engage in architecture and design discussions with the team.
- Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top