- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
- Responsible for the operation and technical management of the systems in the Sports Broadcast Operations Center.
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of our service, managing the routing and scheduling of audio and metadata content for SiriusXM Satellite Radio’s channels with play by play programming.
- Monitor and address problems in real time across SiriusXM’s satellite and streaming channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Real time control of systems producing content for the broadcast channels including the audio storage, playout, automation, scheduling and routing systems.
- Respond to technical alarms from the various systems in the SBOC in real time as well as addressing the needs of channel programmers. (Talent and producers).
- Interface with Enterprise Control Center Shift Supervisors and Broadcast Maintenance technical staff.
- Interface with other departments such as Programming, Broadcast Engineering and BNOC in NY.
- Submit Trouble Management tickets to ECC Shift Supervisors for resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Three years of experience in broadcast operations.
- Familiarity with digital audio editing, quality control, broadcast automation and digital routing.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As required by ITAR, to perform this position you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through with the shift supervisor.
- Master control experience a plus.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience with broadcast automation systems.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top