Technician, Desktop Support
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating information technology systems operations as well as assisting with the daily end user support of the employees at SiriusXM/Pandora. The position requires the individual to act independently through the use of skills, experiences, and training to resolve client issues. Duties include hardware and software installation and deployment of PCs and peripherals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and provides maintenance to PCs, MAC Computers and related hardware/software.
- Helps maintain hardware/software inventories.
- Processes software installation requests.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals, including mobile devices (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Documents, maintains, upgrades and replaces hardware and software systems for desktop and peripheral equipment.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Reviews and evaluates information technology systems operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in an IT technical support role required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years experience with PC hardware and software desktop support.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within SiriusXM, its corporate IT department and the IT field.
- Rotation coverage for weekend & holidays.
- In addition to all the daily desktop job functions, this position may require supporting early morning shows.
- A positive attitude and a conscientious commitment to customer service and problem resolution.
- Ability to work flexible hours including late nights (up to midnight), weekends and holidays.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- PC Hardware and Software Troubleshooting.
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10.
- Proven ability to support virtual desktops and applications is a plus (Citrix).
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- A basic understanding of Windows TCP/IP networking.
- Macintosh hardware and Operating system knowledge is a plus.
- Active Directory User/Computer Account Administration.
- Microsoft SMS/SCCM.
- Mobile Device support knowledge (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Ticketing platform (Specifically Service Now)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top