Technical Project Manager, Consumer Devices
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a new, exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with diverse experience and a passion for learning, multi-disciplinary teamwork, and moving things forward.
The Technical Project Manager for Consumer Devices is a key partner to the product and technology leaders they work with in consumer electronics, playing a critical role in ensuring everyone is making progress against the plan and on specific actions. Through deep integrations with strategic partners we build great experiences on consumer devices in the home and automobile. Pandora is currently available on over 1,800 devices and 190+ vehicle models.
- Collaborate and closely communicate with product managers, engineers, business development, external partners, designers, and quality engineers to successfully drive projects to completion
- Account for all key pieces (work and teams) to be defined and accounted for on a given project
- Ensure that projects have clear objectives and success criteria documented through launch
- Proactively uncover and clearly communicate all milestones, dependencies, and risks with mitigation plans from inception to rollout
- Run meetings effectively, set agenda, and drive to decisions
- Absorb project status from engineering stand-up and sprint planning meetings without adding additional meeting burden
- Adapt to changing conditions and modify project execution plan as appropriate while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Understand and support the needs and priorities of the business
- Build competency and thorough understanding of Pandora products, systems, and internal tools
- A Bachelor’s Degree, with 2+ years of experience managing cross-functional technical projects
- Proven ability to successfully navigate external dependencies and work with strategic partnerships
- Comfortable with managing multiple, iterative projects concurrently
- Effortless, concise, and transparent communication to management and key stakeholders
- Strong project planning skills with an eye for details
- Able to facilitate many parties working collaboratively and efficiently
- Knowledgeable and experienced in using JIRA/Confluence
- Aware of software engineering best practices
- Experience working with SDLC methodologies without being dogmatic about any single way of doing things
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Understanding and appreciation for consumer electronics
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top