Systems Engineer - Connected Vehicle Services
- Irving, TX
Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Business-to-Business interfaces with Automotive OEMs or Tier 1 suppliers, including interface protocols, technologies and security. Works to architect interface solutions for features required by OEM and SXM. Principal information system contact with OEM and relevant Tier 1 partners to negotiate interface solutions. Works cohesively with Company Architecture and Engineering teams to ensure technical solutions are compatible with Company internal architecture. Documents these interface requirements and protocols. Gathers, reviews and documents connectivity requirements for these interfaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates System Requirements Specifications (SRS) for OEM specific programs.
- Creates/interprets B2B protocols for interfaces with Automotive OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers for back-office functions.
- Principal information system contact with OEM and relevant Tier 1 partners.
- Works cohesively with Company Architecture and Engineering teams to ensure technical solutions are compatible with Company internal architecture.
- Architects solutions for OEM back-office features utilizing best technology available.
- Works to define and document initial connectivity for interfaces with OEM and/or Tier 1
- Active member of SXM Agile scrum team
- 3 years relevant work experience
- B.S. Engineering or Computer Science degree
Requirements and General Skills:
- Remains current with Company internal architecture design strategy.
- Very good oral and written communication abilities needed to interface directly with OEM and Tier 1 in technical discussions
- Travel required to OEM and partner locations as necessary
- Follows team best practices.
- Supports effective management of costs related to Department budget
- Perform tasks with moderate supervision
- Produce artifacts for the assigned program(s) with accuracy and quality driven focus
- Have basic knowledge of telematics platform with an aptitude of learning enterprise components
- Shows an aptitude to acquire knowledge about applicable technologies
- Is viewed by the OEM and internal team as important technical contributor
- Possess leadership capabilities when driving technical discussions internally as well as externally.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with SFTP, MFT, SAML, ESB architecture, TLS, RESTful APIs, OAuth2.0, OpenID, XML, JSON, TCP/IP and Ethernet environments
- Experience and solid understanding of Client/Server and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience in System Design
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience in Agile methodologies, software programming and application development is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud systems is a plus.
- Experience with Sybase SQL Servers, Siebel, DB2 and alarm monitoring operations is a plus.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top