Staff Software Engineer, Storage
Pandora has a great opportunity for a seasoned software engineer with several years of diverse experience who will help deliver Pandora to millions of music fans. We are looking for someone who will own, lead, and execute projects. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding and proven track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
Pandora's Storage Engineers are responsible for the development of storage technologies and strategies to handle some of our largest key listener datasets. As a Staff Engineer we will be looking to this person to understand our systems and develop sophisticated technology solutions, lead implementation with the small team and mentor others. The storage data team is responsible for providing storage solutions that are capable of supporting millions of unique users per day in a predictable and highly performant manner.
- Are you interested in helping to drive the migration of some of Pandora's key listener datasets to the cloud?
- Are you excited to help drive the storage strategy for backends supporting more than 70M monthly active users?
- Are you interested in helping us grow our audience and increase the engagement of Pandora’s diverse listener base?
- Minimum 7 years of professional engineering experience
- At least 2 years working as a software developer on large distributed systems and client server architectures
- Able to produce efficient and fully documented code
- Experience with SOA, microservices, and/or distributed architectures
- Expert level experience developing object oriented software
- Industrial experience working with Postgres, MySQL or similar
- Industrial experience with Redis or similar
- Track record driving a significant modernization effort
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of leading challenging engineering projects which impact multiple teams
- Significant experience developing scalable, multithreaded server side software for deployment on Unix based systems
- Significant experience unit testing with frameworks and a dedication to thorough testing to create high quality software
- Experience with cloud storage technologies (e.g. CloudSQL, Spanner, Bigtable, Aurora)
- Operational experience working with Memcache or Redis style caching cluster
- Experience migrating complex storage backends to the cloud
Back to top