Staff Software Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join Pandora's Ad Buying Platform team. This platform generates over $1 billon of revenue, and is hugely important to Pandora. The role involves working on an agile team of Full Stack Engineers to develop scalable and reliable object oriented software using Python, Django, JQuery and React, Celery, Redis and PostgreSQL.
This team is the beat and tempo of Pandora Ads Engineering. You will work in building new services and helping us move to a service-oriented architecture, designing new features, proposing new technologies, mentoring other engineers, performing code reviews and debugging hard problems alongside other talented people that take pride in high quality software.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Expert in representing project status and communicating with product and technology leadership
- Expert level experience developing in Python or Java, or similar language and strong Python experience
- Expert working across the full technology stack
- Experience leading one or more projects at a time
- Experience influencing strategy within their working group
- Experience driving projects for the improvement of their working group and others
- Experience working with back end SQL-style databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
- Experience in HTML and CSS development
- Experience developing with Big Data (Hadoop, Hive)
- Experience working with Nginx
- Experience working on an Agile software team
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in the Ads Industry (Ad Serving, Audiences, Targeting, Viewability, Programmatic, etc.)
- Experience working with Docker in a production environment
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top