Staff Software Engineer -Android, RxJava, OOP
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
We have a terrific position available for an innovative, inspired problem solver to develop high-quality software for android devices. As a member of our device engineering team you will have the opportunity to bring the Pandora radio experience to our very large and expanding mobile customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with experience in Java and Android application development.
You should have a good understanding of quality Java and Android application development and the associated technologies. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have some experience using unit testing frameworks.
- Minimum education required is a bachelor’s degree in related field
- 7+ years of Android development
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Published apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience with RxJava
- Experience with Android UI design
- Experience with consumer-oriented and product-focused mobile application development
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- Native Android development experience of 3+ years
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Android-based solutions using common standards and frameworks
- Solid knowledge of the Android SDK and understands the fundamentals of what makes for good app design
- Experience with Kotlin and Java
- Understanding of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top