Staff Software Engineer
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Demonstrate strong engineering skills in multiple languages, experience with designing large-scale systems, and data modeling with a passion for learning new skills. Provide guidance to the business as receive the functional request; transforming that request into the holistic design for the team to implement the corresponding code changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual should have an understanding of high-performance and distributed databases, and experience with building real-world robust applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, code review. He/She must be able to work effectively cross-functionally, listen, share, be thorough, clear/concise, think ahead with respect to decisions and insights. It is important that they have a balance of creativity and simplicity plus and understanding of pragmatism and perfectionism to adequately support product, design, and our users. The candidate should be highly motivated and bring an attitude of personal responsibility and technical leadership to the team.
- This is not a supervisory position.
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years experience back-end development and/or big data management and solutions
- 2-3 years of experience with SQL and/or NoSQL distributed databases: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, NoSQL or NewSQL
- Familiarity with Big Data Tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hive,
- Experience with API development (i.e. REST, SOAP) with the standards-based interchange (JSON and XML)
- Experience developing API Design, System Design and Object Orientated Design
- Passion for continuous integration, testing, and automation
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work with remote personnel/team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, C/C++, Java
- Understanding of Grafana, GCP, Celery tools
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top