Staff Product Manager, Recommendations & Discovery
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a Staff Product Manager of Discovery & Recommendations, your job will focus on enriching the lives of our customers by delivering effortless personalized music and talk content. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. As a Staff Product Manager of Discovery & Recommendations, you have the rare opportunity to evolve and reenergize SiriusXM and Pandora's focus on delivering the best and most unique content available to our listeners and customers. This position is full time and based in our New York or Oakland office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the overall product strategy for content recommendations presented to customers across all clients
- Work collaboratively with the science and engineering teams to implement recommendation logic and new features leveraging our combined content catalog
- Implement a system for measuring quality of recommendations across the experience; develop strategies to improve recommendation quality over time via new logic and features
- Earn the trust of key partners across the company, most importantly our Content & Programming team, by understanding their perspectives and providing a compelling rationale for product decisions
- Identify breakthrough innovations based on insights from quantitative and qualitative research, market analysis and experimentation
- Leverage SiriusXM & Pandora’s strength in data, analytics, and testing frameworks to make informed decisions based on real user behaviors and insights
- Formulate and articulate detailed requirements for product concepts that appeal to millions of users, each of whom have unique tastes
- Partner and collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, scientists and others to deliver on key roadmap priorities
- 10+ years of product management experience, preferably in consumer-facing technology
- MBA and/or MS degree in HCI, Computer Science, Product Design, or related technical field preferred
- Experience with content discovery and recommendations services preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top