Staff Network Engineer
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Production networking team at SiriusXM Pandora builds and operates the listener facing infrastructure that delivers hundreds of millions of hours of custom audio content to tens of millions of listeners every day. The team has end to end ownership of our multiple datacenters, on-prem content delivery networks and our multi-cloud infrastructure. We believe passionately in configuration as code, scaling through automation and leveraging open source and self-developed software tools to deliver outstanding reliability and world class performance. This is a high-impact role that offers the unique opportunity to work on interesting problems at scale in collaboration with outstanding Technical Operations and software engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy, operate, and optimize network infrastructure from the backbone to the datacenter.
- Triage, diagnose, and debug network issues from load balancers to switches.
- Drive automation efforts towards a “Configuration as Code” paradigm.
- Provide subject matter expertise to software and systems engineers as needed.
- Support and maintain the networking aspects of a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Learn and teach skills and techniques within the production networking team and cross-functionally.
- Continuously advance standards and practices in collaboration with other engineers.
- ●High school or equivalent, BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
- 5+ years working on production networks with a 365/24/7 uptime requirement.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take ownership of large issues requiring cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- 5+ years of experience working on production networks with a 365/24/7 uptime requirement.
- Deep understanding of and experience working with IP networking fundamentals; TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6.
- Deep understanding of and experience working with routing protocols and label switching; BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, RSVP.
- Expertise with network infrastructure services like DNS and DHCP.
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity and services in a Linux environment in the CLI.
- Experience using programming languages in the workplace to accomplish specific goals, ideally Python and/or Go.
- Comfortable diagnosing network issues at the protocol level using packet captures.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years administering Linux systems.
- 3+ years of experience with application delivery load balancing.
- 3+ years of experience using RESTful APIs.
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring technologies such as OpenNMS, Prometheus, and Graphite.
- 2+ years of experience with Hashicorp tools such as Terraform, Vault, and Consul.
- 2+ years of experience with public or private clouds including diagnosis of network issues relating to containerized applications.
- 2+ years of experience working with a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience with PKI including SSL certificate management.
- 1+ years of experience working with source control, preferably Git.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top