Sr. Test Environments CZAR
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer with a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge and loves to collaborate closely with a large number of stakeholders. You should have a solid understanding of test environment configuration, unit and integration testing. You should have experience developing tools to automate release efforts and improve development velocity and quality. You must be capable of coordination between various internal teams, anticipating their needs, and educating them on best practices. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
This role involves owning critical build and testing pipeline infrastructure used daily by QA and developers. As an engineer at Pandora, you will work alongside our internal development teams to ensure the test environments are configured properly, and are updated and maintained to meet the needs of various teams. You will improve the monitoring and reliability of these systems, and diagnose and fix issues as they occur. You will be the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns about the status and applicability of the test environments, and thus will be continuously collaborating with a large number of stakeholders throughout the organization.
The following are expected areas that the person in this role will fulfill:
Test Environment Configuration
- Maintain an up-to-date document describing the test environment configurations
- Work with stakeholders to determine configuration requirements in advance of need
- Create upgrade schedules, ordering necessary additional hardware in advance
- Plan needed configuration changes to reflect changes in usage and/or system architecture
Test Environment Updates
- Ensure that configuration changes imposed by architecture evolution are applied as needed
- Agree with stakeholders on frequency and timing of scheduled updates
- Coordinate scheduled updates
- Establish and enforce policy for ad hoc updates
- Work with Release Engineering and SysAd to automate updates
Test Environment Maintenance
- Maintain a list of subject matter experts (SMEs) for all components of the test environment
- Establish an access and notification policy for Dev modifications to environment software and configurations
- Establish mutually agreeable SLAs and mechanisms to measure and monitor them for continuous improvement
- Periodically review configuration of the environment to determine if improvements are called for
- Keep stage/test configurations in sync with production (runtime configs, A/B experiments, etc.)
Test Environment Troubleshooting and Repair
- Establish appropriate monitoring and notification mechanisms to minimize time to detect problems
- Coordinate response to problems with the environment, tracking down the right SMEs to troubleshoot and repair
- Provide timely updates on status of the system, with ETAs and workarounds, if any
- Escalate to appropriate management when needed to ensure appropriate priority is given to a problem response
- 5+ years’ experience, 3 of which should be in the DevOps, SRE, SiteOps, or IT space
- Experience with administering Ubuntu Linux
- Strong scripting and automation skills (Python or shell)
- Experience leading or managing a significant infrastructure project
- Dynamic individual with great teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Perforce or Git
- Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side
- Experience with Agile software methodologies
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top