Sr. Technical Product Manager, APIs - Connected Vehicle
- Irving, TX
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Are you interested in owning and driving the product vision and roadmap for our API first strategy at SiriusXM Connected Vehicles (SXMCV)? Do you thrive on working with a team of customer obsessed product managers that are continuously experimenting and analyzing data in search of customer insights to inform the development of break-through automotive innovations? As Senior Technical Product Manager for the API team, you will define a comprehensive API First strategy to scale our business using cutting edge technologies in machine learning, APIs, real-time systems, and state-of-the-art tooling.
You will lead the development of big ideas and their transformation into personalized digital communications services that make it easier and more rewarding for customers to engage with us. This will translate into incremental, long-term business value as measured by customer engagement and business impact. You will establish industry-standard processes, implement mechanisms, and select tools that enable your team and internal stakeholders to manage the product development lifecycle efficiently and improve results. Your ability to communicate and present your ideas, arguments, and plans through data-backed insights and well-structured and clearly written documents will be key to your success. Finally, you will collaborate with partner teams from across the company to evaluate requests, define, and prioritize new API features and capabilities.
The ideal candidate enjoys cloud platforms, API based software developer products, machine learning, complex problem-solving, and high levels of customer interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive API product strategy and roadmap
- Develop product requirements, review UX and Engineering designs, and participate in the day-to-day decision-making activities of your agile team
- Define and Implement API Standards for maximum efficiencies and revenue generation
- Define, monitor and analyze partner, customer, and product metrics that inform the success of APIs
- Provide business planning guidance and counsel to senior management to support overall company objectives and communicate with other internal groups
- Drive the development and approval process of required business case(s) in support of the strategy
- Build features to drive engagement and usage for our products
- Serve as a liaison between both internal and external technical and business groups
- Understand and lead analysis of the competitive landscape
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field), MBA or related experience (preferred)
- 5 - 7 years of dynamic, related work experience in technical product management with focus on APIs
- Proven experience building and delivering on product roadmaps for technology products
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent communication and writing skills to interact with developers
- Strong analytical abilities with a high attention to detail
- Successful at building and developing diverse teams and creating a work environment where exceptional Product Managers and innovators want to work
- Solid grasp of big data analytics, security, mobile, and cloud.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top