Sr. Software Engineer, Web (Front-end)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is looking for an innovative, inspired Sr. Software Engineer with experience designing and building modern consumer web applications. As a member of our Core Engineering team, you will participate in important design decisions and play a key role in the development of Pandora's service, used daily by our rapidly expanding community of listeners. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to develop on the entire technology stack, with an emphasis on front-end applications. You will have the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a highly collaborative team. You should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
May consider a mid-level engineer with relevant experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of 7 years professional experience and 3 years developing consumer web applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid command of web standards, best practices, and browser compatibility issues
- Developing object-oriented code in Java
- Writing tests with frameworks such as JUnit, Selenium, Mocha
- React and Redux
- Agile software development
- Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
- Streaming media direct to consumers
- Continuous integration tools
- Sense of humor
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation."
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top