Sr. Software Engineer, Web
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for an innovative, inspired Sr. Software Engineer with experience designing and building modern consumer web applications. As a member of our core engineering team you will participate in important design decisions and play a key role in the development of Pandora's service, used daily by our rapidly expanding community of listeners. This is a great opportunity for engineers looking to develop on the entire technology stack, with an emphasis on the front-end applications. You will have the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a highly collaborative and fun team.
- You must have solid knowledge and professional experience developing compelling web applications with HTML, CSS, AJAX and Java.
- Experience writing tests for your code, especially with frameworks such as Selenium, NightmareJS.
- You should have solid command of web standards, design patterns, best practices, and browser compatibility issues.
- As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, with at least 2 years developing consumer web applications.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java working with Apache and Jetty or Tomcat for deployment on Linux-based systems ( Debian preferred )
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top