Sr. Software Engineer (Python)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora has a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with several years of diverse experience, and a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills, with a deep understanding of Python application development. You should have a track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have experience using test frameworks such as PyUnit.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- Expert level experience in Python
- Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
- Experience working with Django in a production environment
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack
- Significant experience with test driven development
- Experience in HTML and CSS development
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with SOA
- Experience developing Java
- Experience working with Apache or Nginx
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with online advertising
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top