Sr. Software Engineer, Python
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join Pandora’s Ad Buying Platform team. This platform is responsible for bringing the largest chunk of revenue to Pandora. The role involves working on an agile team of Full Stack Engineers to develop scalable and reliable object oriented software using Python, Django, JQuery (possibly moving to React), Celery, Redis and Postgresql. This team is the ads beat and tempo of Pandora Engineering. You will work in building new services or decoupling existing ones, designing new features, proposing new technologies, mentoring other Engineers, performing code reviews and debugging hard problems along other talented people that takes pride in high quality software. If this role seems like a good match for you, please submit an application - we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
- Expert level experience developing Python. Experience working with backend SQL-style databases
- Experience working with Django in a production environment
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack
- Experience in HTML and CSS development
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing with Big Data (Hadoop, Hive)
- Experience working with Apache or Nginx
- Experience with modern build tools (e.g. Gradle)
- Experience working on an Agile software team
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- Experience working with Docker in a production environment
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or equivalent
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top