Sr. Software Engineer, Platform & Development Tools
Role locations include:
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have terrific opportunities in Software Engineering for innovative, inspired problem solvers who are enthusiastic about improving developer efficiency and reducing deployment friction. Your efforts will result in high quality features being delivered more frequently to millions of listeners. With the right skills and experience you will be a key contributor in infrastructure engineering. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work.
This is a great opportunity for engineers with a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have a solid understanding of release automation, continuous integration, unit testing and source control systems. You should have experience developing software to automate release efforts and tools to improve development velocity and quality. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You will be a key player in a small, fast growing tools team. You’ll be instrumental in our ongoing projects involving migrating source code, speeding up our tests, and introducing automated code screening as a precommit trigger. Your work will improve the productivity of hundreds of software engineers, and allow Pandora to ship features quicker and with improved quality and code consistency.
- 10+ years’ experience, 3 of which need to be in the tools and infrastructure space as a team lead
- Significant experience developing software in Java
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Shell scripting or similar languages
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle
- Experience with branching and integrating codelines in Perforce or Git
- Significant experience delivering tools in an organization of hundreds of software engineers
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with Java containers such as Jetty, and process containers such as Docker
- Success in scaling build infrastructure to improve execution times for builds and tests
- Driven to constantly improve systems
- Dynamic, influential individual with great teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience migrating from Perforce to Git
- Experience writing tools to assist in managing dependencies and avoiding accidental upstream breakage from new versions of downstream components.
- Experience managing complex configuration of distributed software systems
- Knowledge of integrating static analysis tools into developer workflows
- Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side
- Experience with Agile software methodologies
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation."
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top