Sr. Software Engineer, Pandora Subscriptions
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora has a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with several years of diverse experience, and a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills, with a deep understanding of large-scale application development. You should have a track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have experience writing your own unit, integration, and acceptance tests. You should be motivated to teach other engineers you work with to become better engineers themselves. Most of all, you should be engaged and excited to work with a team that’s building complex systems for tens of millions of users every day.
- Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience
- Expert level back end development with object oriented languages like Java
- Experience working with back end storage systems like SQL databases and NoSQL data stores (e.g. Postgres or Redis)
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
- Significant experience with automated testing
- Experience building subscription, payment and billing systems at scale
- Experience building infrastructure for email campaigns, push notifications, and other marketing features to increase subscriptions
- Experience with apps store integration
- Experience working cross functionally with finance, legal, and marketing organizations
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack including front end and web applications
- Knowledge of HDFS / HIVE
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top