Sr. Software Engineer, Music Content Management Tools
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Want to build Pandora's music management platform supporting our Music Genome Project? We have a unique opportunity in engineering for innovative problem solvers who are enthusiastic about developing high quality software for Pandora. You will be a key contributor to the platform which manages music analysis, curation, and programming processes. You will support building out complex system integrations, dynamic web applications, transformative data infrastructure, all within in a robust distributed system. You can’t help sharing best practices, doing thorough code reviews, and diving into the purpose and vision of the systems you are supporting. You will be involved in challenging problems as part of a fast paced highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
We are looking for a seasoned engineer with several years of diverse experience and a passion for learning and applying technical knowledge. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding of Java application and web development. You should have a track record of building robust, scalable systems and multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing, have experience building either B2B or internal web apps, and are comfortable balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum five years professional experience
- Expert level experience developing object oriented software in Java
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience developing dynamic web applications
- Significant experience supporting distributed systems
- Significant experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL
- Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack
- Experience building internal content management tools
- Industry experience in internet media or ecommerce
- Experience developing high quality software in Python
- Experience with NoSQL and MapReduce concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, and Hive
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with Angular or other JS frameworks
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top