Sr Software Engineer - Enterprise Analytics
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific opportunity available for an analytics engineer capable of working on projects to develop innovative big data solutions. In this role you’ll work with a team responsible for the technical design and implementation of high-profile initiatives across the enterprise. As a member of our highly motivated and collaborative team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
Is this you?
- You’re at the top of your game as an analytics software engineer, with strong SQL and ETL skills.
- You’re highly motivated to provide robust business performance metrics and uncompromising on the quality of data that’s leveraged to drive critical business decisions.
- You thrive on collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff across the organization.
- You build reliable/scalable software that just works, every time.
- Design and implement sophisticated analytics solutions in a large-scale HDFS/Hadoop/Hive data infrastructure.
- Develop data pipelines and transforms that enable reliable measurement and forecasting of critical business metrics.
- Work directly with the information architects, business analysts, and business stakeholders to define and implement robust data sources and integrations with enterprise systems.
- Establish effective data cleansing and operational infrastructures providing for uncompromising standards of data quality and integrity.
- Create and maintain documentation focusing on technology implementation and operations management.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in Python and/or Java
- 2+ years data model and ERD design
- Strong SQL and ETL skills with 2+ years professional experience
- Fiercely dedicated to maintaining high standards of data quality.
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
Nice to Have:
- Previous Hadoop, Hive, and/or Pig experience.
- 1+ years Python or Java Transform/Mappers and Reducer development.
- HDP platform and related technology experience.
- 1+ years Bash/Linux scripting for process automation.
- Experience with any NoSQL data-store like Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, and experience with related software e.g. R, SCIPY/NUMPY, etc.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top