Sr. Software Engineer, Discovery
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Want to work on retaining, engaging and growing our listener base?
Pandora has a great opportunity for a seasoned software engineer with several years of diverse experience who will help deliver Pandora to millions of music fans. We are looking for someone who will own, lead, and execute projects. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding and proven track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
- Minimum five years of professional engineering experience
- Expert level experience developing object oriented software in Java
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with API development (i.e. REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Significant experience developing scalable, multithreaded server side software for deployment on Linux
- Significant experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL, Redis
- Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
- Experience with data science, machine/deep learning algorithms, natural language processing and statistical Modeling.
- Experience developing high quality software in Python
- Experience with recommender, or search systems.
- Experience with NoSQL architectures and map reduce concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, and Hive
- Experience with Apache Spark and Kafka.
- Experience working across the full technology stack
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top