Sr. Software Engineer, Core
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora has a great opportunity for seasoned engineers to build scalable, distributed, high-performance systems in our Ad Distribution Services group. You should have analytical skills, problem solving skills, experience with distributed systems, and, of course, programming skills. We also hope you place a high value on testing, automation and continuous improvement/integration.
- 5+ years’ experience with distributed systems built in Java
- Minimum of three years experience working with SQL or NoSQL database systems
- Passion for continuous integration, testing, and automation
- Experience with Python, Redis, Postgres, Linux, Hibernate, HDFS, Hive, Kafka
- Experience with ad serving
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
- Java, Python, Redis, Jetty, Nginx, Kafka
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top