Sr. Software Engineer, Consumer Devices (Java)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora has a great opportunity for a seasoned software engineer who will help deliver Pandora to millions of music fans. Through deep integrations with strategic partners we build great experiences on consumer devices in the home and automobile. Pandora is currently available on over 1,800 devices and 190+ vehicle models.
Typically, when people think of developing software for devices, they assume this must be embedded firmware development. Not at Pandora, we use modern platforms and languages to build these experiences: Java, iOS, and Android. We are looking for someone who will own, lead, and execute projects on our continually expanding platforms.
You will work closely with product managers and the design team to provide the best user experience on a range of different platforms. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding and proven track record of building robust, scalable applications. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum 7 years of professional experience with at least 5 years developing backend services including data and web.
- Expert level experience developing object-oriented code in Java
- Experience with API development (i.e. REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix
- Experience working with back end SQL-style databases
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack
- Significant experience with test driven development
- Ability to work in a diverse technical environment
- Experience with Agile software development
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with mobile development (Android or iOS)
- Experience with Adaptive UI design and development
- Providing streaming media direct to consumers
Core Technologies: Java, SQL
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top