Sr. Software Engineer, Application Security
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Our Application Security team has a great opportunity for a generalist engineer who loves to work on security features, or a security engineer who loves to code. You should have a track record of building and/or securing robust, scalable, and multithreaded applications. The ideal candidate may not be an expert at all aspects of our core technology but they will be excited to have the opportunity to address issues in everything ranging across the domains of devops, cloud services, backend services, webtech, mobiletech, and consumer devices.
You have a strong understanding of web and mobile security issues, patterns, and anti-patterns. You have a desire to assess (break), empower (build), socialize (evangelize), and educate (help others build). You are comfortable contributing throughout the entire SDLC. You understand why systems need to be secure, but have a pragmatic approach to driving security initiatives. You place a high value on automated tasks and testing.
- Identify and address OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Manual and automated application assessment
- Works well at scale
- Comfortable with any technology stack
- Instrumentation, metrics, automation, and testing fanatic
- Knows the current state of the application security industry
- Features assessment and development (Python preferred)
- Familiar with cloud platforms (AWS/GCP)
- Java, Python, Scala, Clojure
- Objective-c, Swift, AndroidStudio
- Linux, OSX, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible
- Apache, nginx, Jetty, Tomcat
- Sonarqube, BurpSuite, Nessus
- Statsd, grafana, hive, hdfs
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply.
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation."
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top