Sr. Software Engineer, Analytics
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Data engineers at Pandora are responsible for the services and infrastructure capable of processing and making available the extensive volume of data produced on its platform each day. Analytics developers build the infrastructure needed to enable analysts and scientists to query and author data products that operate against our largest collections (billions of events per day). At Pandora the analytics team supports a variety of business functions including our science, marketing, product, finance and sales teams.
You should have a solid understanding of Java software development, and take personal responsibility for testing the code you write. You should have strong academic credentials and a degree in Computer Science or a related field. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. You must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- 5 years development experience and 2-3 years of data or analytics engineering experience working with big data technologies ala Hadoop environment
- Experience with the Hadoop project ecosystem a significant plus (Hive, Tez, MapReduce etc)
- Experience with distributed or clustered NoSQL / NewSQL databases is valuable
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with Spark (Java, Python or Scala) is valuable
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux / Unix
- Experience working with back-end databases such as Hive, MySQL, Postgres
- Intermediate to advanced experience developing SQL applications of significant complexity
- Experience developing web applications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team work environment
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top