Sr. Software Engineer, Analytics
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Data engineers at Pandora are responsible for the services and infrastructure capable of processing and making available the extensive volume of data produced on its platform each day. Analytics developers build the infrastructure needed to enable analysts and scientists to query and author data products that operate against our largest collections (billions of events per day). At Pandora the analytics team supports a variety of business functions including our science, marketing, product, finance and sales teams.
You should have a solid understanding of Java software development, and take personal responsibility for testing the code you write. You should have strong academic credentials and a degree in Computer Science or a related field. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. You must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- 5 years development experience and 2-3 years of data or analytics engineering experience working with big data technologies ala Hadoop
- Experience with the Hadoop project ecosystem a significant plus (Hive, Tez, MapReduce etc)
- Experience with distributed or clustered NoSQL / NewSQL databases is valuable
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with Spark (Java, Python or Scala) is valuable
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux / Unix
- Experience working with back-end databases such as Hive, MySQL, Postgres
- Intermediate to advanced experience developing SQL applications of significant complexity
- Experience developing web applications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team work environment
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top