Sr. Software Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have terrific opportunities in Software Engineering for innovative, inspired problem solvers who are enthusiastic about developing high-quality software for Pandora’s rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners. With the right skills and experience you will be a key contributor to high-profile areas of development including data infrastructure, high performance systems, distributed systems, terabyte data pipelines, communication protocols, and more. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work.
This is a great opportunity for engineers with a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have a solid understanding of Java software development, and take personal responsibility on testing the code you write. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. You must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Minimum five years professional experience
- Expert level experience developing object oriented software in Java
- Significant experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience developing software for deployment on Linux
- Experience with NoSQL architectures and mapreduce concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, Hive or Spark
- Experience with real time analytics aka Kafka
- Experience with Agile software development
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top