Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Mobile/Ads
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We’re looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join Pandora’s Ads team, which is responsible for bringing the largest chunk of revenue to Pandora. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Pandora’s growing suite of products and services by acting as a champion of quality engineering & testing activities throughout the SDLC. You will leverage your knowledge of manual & automated testing to influence better software design, promote best practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- A strong tester’s mindset. This role will require both strong testing acumen as well as the technical know-how to then automate the work
- Minimum 6+ years of total professional Quality Engineering experience (with 4+ of those involving automation work)
- Automation - Strong Appium (Java) hands on technical experience, including best practices in flexibility and scalability
- Exposure to or hands on experience in one or both mobile platform’s native automation framework offerings is also preferred:
- Android - Espresso or like - (Java/Kotlin, Android Studio, Dagger 2, OkHttp, RxJava, Glide, or knowledge of common Android libraries and patterns)
- iOS - XCUI or like - (SWIFT, Xcode IDE, XCUITest framework)
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC and tooling (GIT, branching/merging, build systems, CI technologies like Jenkins)
- Exceptional ability to isolate & troubleshoot technical issues across the full technology stack by leveraging automated & manual testing methodologies
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A track record of success, including the ability to self-direct day-to-day activities and multitask effectively
- Proven ability to see a project from start to finish, and beyond
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through on process improvements, investigations of new technologies and POCs
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to provide technical mentorship to other team members
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Back to top