Sr Security Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We've quietly developed one of the best teams out there to build and manage a complex and evolving installation used by millions of music and comedy listeners daily. We bring together modern and long-standing best practices to design, implement, and run systems with high performance and availability. These systems, which include many open source, in-house, and enterprise technologies, route and deliver petabytes a day.
We have a terrific opportunity for an intelligent, motivated individual who is enthusiastic about leading Security Operations. You will be able to bring your experience to bear as a key part of the team that builds & provides the Pandora service to millions of users every day. As a senior member of our Technical Operations team, you will participate in the effort to design, manage and further security monitoring and practices in Pandora environments.
- Daily monitoring analysis; SIEM design, operation
- Develop, evolve, and manage monitoring and alerting for Pandora environments to create a deep understanding of trends, anomalies and incidents
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats (including Botnets, Professional Hacking, Exploits, Hacktivism and Nation State Actors)
- Act as a participant in Architecture and Planning for security efforts
- Work with Compliance and Policy teams to make sure operational efforts are in line with Compliance (SOX/PCI)Â and Policy Standards
- Participate in redteam/blueteam exercises and audits
- 6+ years professional experience in Security Operations
- Significant Experience detecting and mitigating attacks on public-facing websites
- Expert level SIEM design, scaling, operations
- Experiencing advocating for OWASP in production and corporate IT environments
- Senior level competence in bash, perl and/or python, with text processing/Regex
- Experience protecting High-volume Consumer websites
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Security (AD, LDAP, SAML, SAAS/Cloud monitoring)
- Deep understanding of Cryptographic Technology
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top