Sr. Scientist, Advertising
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
As Senior Scientist for Advertising Science you’ll help us find out just how far we can go to bringing music to the world. We are dedicated to music because we think it has enormous potential to make peoples lives better -- and that dedication starts with our team; we want Pandora to be an amazing place to thrive in your career and we’re betting that when you take a look inside you’ll see why there might be a place here for you. Computational advertising brings in special challenges and opportunities here at Pandora. It might surprise you to learn that we are one of the largest mobile display advertisers and that we have over nine percent of the entire radio market here in the USA. And, the truly surprising part of this is that it’s only the beginning. For this special role we’re looking for someone with deep background in all facets of ad science with an interest in joining Pandora in its mission to unleash the infinite power of music.
- Work closely with our ad systems group to analyze and model complex advertising data
- Design and develop solutions for increasing yield on a rich inventory of ads
- Analyze and develop key mechanisms in the revenue pipeline addressing questions around pricing and inventory forecasting
- Participate in cross-functional revenue projects and initiatives
- PhD in a quantitative field with working knowledge of computer science, or equvalent work experience
- Experimental design and A/B testing experience
- Mastery of the analysis and development of advertising systems for online consumer products or services
- Extensive proficiency with one or more of the following: R, Python (scientific libraries), Matlab, or equivalent
- Experience with large scale applications in machine learning & statistical techniques
- Proficiency in Python or Java
- Proficiency with Hadoop, Hive, or Pig (or proprietary equivalents)
- Track record of successful team work in a variety of settings
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top