Sr. Product Manager, Next Big Sound
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Launched in 2009, and acquired by Pandora in 2015, Next Big Sound is the leading provider of online music analytics and insights, used by thousands of individual bands and managers as well as the biggest labels, distributors, and brands in the world. As part of Pandora, we use our expertise in prediction research and cross platform performance measurement to deliver analytics and insights to music makers, the global the music industry, as well as Pandora's listeners and advertising partners.
You develop, own, and execute on high quality product plans and roadmaps that achieve tangible quantitative and qualitative outcomes for our users and business.
You excel at defining the “what” and “why” of products, and driving features from concept to growth through the entire product development lifecycle– from research, to ideation and prototyping, to measuring and iterating.
You are intrinsically motivated, and do best in an environment where you proactively collaborate and learn from skilled, like-minded engineers, designers, scientists, and lovers of data and music. You are able to create direction and a sense of purpose for yourself and others.
You’re a great product thinker, communicator, presenter, and team leader. You clearly articulate your rationale and decisions while actively soliciting and integrating feedback. You also provide timely and thoughtful feedback to those around you.
You’re great at product management, and also constantly learning across a broad range of interests. From design, to engineering fundamentals, to data visualization, to business development, your interest and expertise aren’t limited by your title.
- 8+ years experience bringing products to market and leadership experience delivering results for complex businesses
- A proven track record of launching successful products and thriving in ambiguous environments
- Analytical skills, proven ability to use data and metrics to support decisions, provide insights, and drive action; deep understanding of statistical methods and AB experimentation
- Experience managing and leading with KPIs
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to drive and influence key decisions across engineering, sales, design, science, and other stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills; high-attention to detail
- Experience with data management, databases, hadoop, SQL, etc.
- Expertise planning for and managing several large-scale, interrelated, complex technical projects and coordinating technical project team members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines
- MBA or BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top