Sr. Product Manager, Acquisition & Education
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our core Listener Experience Group and drive the product roadmap around our in-product listener acquisition and education experiences. The ideal candidate for this role knows how critical a product’s first impression is, and has proven experience shaping those first impressions to take a user from new to loyal. Given Pandora’s massive user base, our definition of “new listeners” is broad -- a new listener can be brand-new to Pandora; a longtime ad-supported listener who’s new to Pandora Premium; or a longtime subscriber who’s newly switched back to our ad-supported experience. You’ll be responsible for understanding the unique needs of these types of listeners and designing experiences that ignite (or re-ignite) their love for Pandora.
- Own Pandora’s in-product acquisition and education roadmap, including registration, login, first-time user experience, and feature education
- Build a data-driven profile of Pandora’s diverse new listener segments and translate these profiles to product opportunities
- Understand how and when to deploy A/B testing to glean actionable insights for further roadmap development
- Establish strong working relationships with marketing, design, engineering, QA, and data science groups
- Collaborate with other product managers to design experiences that drive feature adoption
- Build alignment and effectively influence cross-functional stakeholders
- 6+ years of consumer software product management experience
- Experience turning data insights into product experiences
- Proven track record of converting new users into loyal ones
- Expertise in agile development and data-driven decision making
- History of synthesizing qualitative and quantitative user research to ship successful products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Creative with resources
- Strong collaborator
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top