Sr. Mobile Tools Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have terrific opportunities in Software Engineering for innovative, inspired problem solvers who are enthusiastic about releasing code to Pandora’s rapidly expanding community of millions of listeners. With the right skills and experience you will be a key contributor in infrastructure engineering. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer with passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have a solid understanding of release automation, continuous integration, unit testing and source control systems. You should have experience developing software to automate mobile release efforts and tools to improve development velocity and quality. You must be capable of managing a release cycle, including coordination between various internal teams. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
This role involves substantially improving continuous integration automation infrastructure for teams developing mobile products, and improving the automation of our multiple build and testing pipelines. As a member of the mobile tools build team at Pandora, you will work alongside our internal development teams to ensure the build servers are extremely responsive and reliable, helping improve build times and automating common tasks, and assisting with various tasks including release deployment and the creation of integration test servers.
- 5+ years’ experience, 3 of which need to be in the tools and infrastructure space
- Experience with administering Ubuntu Linux and Mac OSX
- Significant experience managing mobile release deployments
- Significant experience developing software in Python, Ruby, Java, shell scripting or similar languages
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle and xcodebuild
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with releasing apps on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store
- Experience with mobile release automation software
- Dynamic individual with great teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Detailed knowledge of configuring OSX servers for Apple software
- Experience with Git
- JIRA REST API experience
- Passionate about technology and enjoys hacking/prototyping on the side
- Experience with Agile software methodologies
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top