Sr. Mobile Application Security Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora has a great opportunity for a mobile engineer with a passion for mobile security. You should be an experienced mobile application engineer with a strong understanding of mobile security issues, patterns, and anti-patterns. You should have a desire to assess (break), empower (build), socialize (evangelize), and educate (help others build). You are comfortable reviewing product requirements or code from a security perspective as well as implementing mobile features and bug fixes. You understand why systems need to be secure, but have a pragmatic approach to driving security initiatives.
- Perform security reviews of new and existing products (Android and IOS)
- Deploy/Configure tools that will automatically scan and detect security problems
- Build security solutions that scale
- Detect for and defend against compromise utilizing current state-of-the-art techniques
- Build frameworks to provide secure defaults to engineering teams
- Expert understanding coupled with the ability to explain and mitigate the OWASP Mobile Top Ten Vulnerabilities
- Evangelize security within Pandora
- Provide training to engineering teams on mobile security related topics
- Offer security guidance to product teams as they build new mobile products and features
- Minimum 2 years consumer mobile application development experience
- Expert knowledge of developing, testing and debugging mobile applications
- Knowledge of MVC design patterns and development best practices
- Experience with RESTful applications and web-services (xml-rpc, json-rpc, or others)
- Working knowledge of crypto including TLS, PKI, and key management
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high-quality software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Evaluate exposure to and mitigate physical tampering, side-channel, and fuzzing attacks
- Understanding of mobile firmware and embedded OS design principles
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top