Director, Ad Product Strategy
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The Director, Ad Product Strategy - is a key member of the Ad Product Sales & Strategy team at Pandora - a growing company thriving in the mobile, radio and digital space. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a sales organization in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. This position acts to commercialize audience and data capabilities across all channels: mobile, tablet, web, sponsorships, connected home and connected car channels.
This person will work closely with the Product Management, Audience Monetization, Data Science, and Sales teams to develop marketplace needs, sales narrative, collateral and tools to best equip the sales team with detailed insights as well as position Pandora as the leader in the advertising space. Success in this role will be measured by the creation of solutions, tools, materials, and narrative proven to move sell-through of Pandora’s data capabilities.
- Drive the commercialization of Pandora’s iterative and tier one data capability launches (e.g., database match updates, new proprietary segments)
- Partnership with Product and Audience Monetization teams to identify use cases, market must-haves, functional requirements, and materials / proof-points of Pandora’s offering
- Create strategically sound and “street smart” sales tools on our data capabilities. Recommending the right sales tools (presentations, one-sheets, videos, etc.) to equip the sales force with tools that articulate the Pandora value proposition effectively, succinctly and with high, positive impact on advertiser decisions
- Identify thought leadership stories and opportunities based on key data insights. Identify and communicate key industry trends and new product launches in the ad marketing space. Project manage, write and direct layout of white papers and case studies that will solidify Pandora’s leadership position in the marketplace
- Manage relationships with advertising industry associations and other key partnerships to further solidify Pandora’s presence as a thought leader in the industry and to tap into industry resources
- Develop marketing plans that support Pandora’s suite our advertising projects and manage the execution of robust marketing programs that include B2B comms, events, advertising, etc.
- Manage event strategy, related content development and partnership with events and sales marketing teams on other event activations
- Regularly contribute content for internal and external communication channels, including internal Sales Newsletter, monthly National Sales meetings, BtoB/advertising website, and Social Media
- Maintain and update sales materials with new metrics and research as needed (usually monthly)
- Monitor competitive threats in the rapidly evolving ad marketing space, leveraging these to inform sales facing narrative and materials, while also serving as feedback loop to product
- Additional duties as needed/assigned; we are a fast-growing company, so be ready to pitch in wherever needed
- Must have 8+ years experience in a broadcast radio or digital media environment and/or agency-side experience. 3 - 5 years mobile experience preferred
- Experience managing a small team preferred
- Extensive client facing exposure and comfort dealing with senior level stakeholders – both external and internal
- Proven success in applying data analysis & results regularly to lead to strategic decisions
- The candidate must have excellent multitasking and project management skills, and possess an intelligent strategic lens
- He/she must be a master at developing and maintaining solid internal relationships across the sales organization, from account managers and sales executives to senior vice presidents
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent written and oral communication skills as this position is required to develop original written content and the demonstrated ability to present in high profile group environments
- Must have strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills to foster and maintain relationships by using his/her strategic influencing skills with key stakeholders across the company while making good, timely decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Significant knowledge of the digital and/or broadcast advertising industry with a growing professional network of media, marketing and brand advertising professionals
- Strong project management skills to ensure multiple projects with varying timelines, needs, inputs and budgets are completed successfully
- Strong familiarity and passion to extend Pandora’s thought leadership across B2B social media networks
- Comfort in contributing to larger organizational needs while maintaining a lower profile as needed
- Well-versed in marketing and media industry reporting providers like Millward Brown, comScore, Nielsen, etc. Prefer candidate with hands-on experience using such tools
- BA/BS required in Marketing, Business, Economics or related undergrad degree
- Travel to sales field offices as well as industry/client events required
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email [email protected]
Back to top