Sr Manager, Accounts Receivable
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
- Manages a team of 3 A/R Managers that are responsible for executing both billing and collection functions
- Identifies and implements efficient processes between the billing and collections teams, as well as with counterparts from sales operations
- Participate in the establishment of the financial statement close deadlines and manage the process of meeting the deadlines for the billing and collections related areas
- Work internally and cross functionally to implement process and system improvements to make the process more scalable and efficient
- Tracks and reports metrics of the team’s performance on a periodic basis.
- Performs special projects upon request from all levels of management
- Ensure compliance with appropriate accounting policies and processes
- Provide timely reporting to External Reporting and Internal Accounting Groups
- Communicate effectively with external and internal customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts at large customers to help facilitate a positive working relationship
- Review close related items such as the Allowance for Doubtful accounts and various journal entries and reconciliations
- Work to maintain a low DSO metric for the Company
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to implement new products into the current infrastructure
- Collaborate with your Q2C leadership and Finance BA’s in order to suggest technical solutions to business process problems
- Own and develop relationship with Finance BA's, working with them to optimize and enhance system
- Responds to online ad agency questions, resolving problems and reconciling discrepancies in order to expedite collections
- Reviews credit memo requests for reasonableness and trains both the billers and members of the Sales Operations team on ways to reduce billing errors and credit memos
- Provides guidance with requests for invoice revisions and third party billing.
- Partners with the Billing Quality Review Manager on ideas for improvement and the review of bills prior to remittance to customers to ensure that bills are correct
- Responsible for reviewing & approving billing credits and client refunds.
- Work closely with Client Services & Sales Leaders to resolve and find solutions to technical issues which have the potential to impact billing and revenue
- Continually train the team on issues identified and share knowledge of how to avoid errors in future periods
- Maintains reporting metrics and report cards to identify key sources of errors and areas where the process can be improved. Share metrics with appropriate personnel periodically to increase awareness, productivity and drive improvements
- Coordinate with Revenue, Internal Audit and External Audit on testing procedures, timelines and supporting their agreed upon test work.
- Periodically meet with major agencies and advertisers in region to develop and strengthen business relationships and resolve any collection issues
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years in a people management role
- Demonstrates a strong ability to lead
- Minimum of 2+ years in an online advertising environment and a solid understanding of online advertising quote to cash process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Preferred Oracle and Sales Force experience
- Very strong Excel experience
- Strong accounting knowledge, particularly in accounts receivable and collections
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top