Sr. IT Systems Engineer
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We tend to think differently in our IT department. Our focus is on providing excellent service to Pandora's employees, and use technology to improve people's productivity. While some IT departments’ can be characterized as "no" organizations, we instead focus on service and using technology to enable our employees. This attitude of "yes" sets us apart from other IT departments, and new employees are pleasantly surprised to find us so easy to work with. Because of this unique openness, every day in Pandora IT presents new challenges, and is never boring. We are a mixed bag of personalities. We have the "geek factor", along with a passion for music and technology.
Pandora IT is looking for a Sr. Windows Systems Engineer that can solve difficult problems where there isn't an obvious solution. This person's role will be focused on Windows Systems Administration and driving IT projects related to the business. The candidate should be highly motivated with the ability to work as part of a team. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, the position is expected to learn these technologies quickly while resolving issues involved in integrating new technologies within our existing systems. We are looking for someone that has a strong background in scripting and automation, someone that is looking for an opportunity to focus on backend projects which improve the productivity of Pandora employees. The role will challenge the employee and help develop his or her skills. We are a group that loves technology and how it helps enable users. Therefore, we are an IT group that is open to different technologies that improve the productivity of employees. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with a great people, at a great company, while being challenged, this position is for you.
- Identify and execute modern best practices with an emphasis on Exchange, Windows Server, Active Directory, and VMware
- Take ownership of complex systems infrastructure and services, including on-prem Exchange
- Remain current with emerging technology and provide recommendations for how we might leverage new technology
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate IT tasks and procedures
- Drive IT projects from beginning to completion
- Monitor backups and perform restoration procedures
- Document system configurations as well as operational tasks
- Work with the Tech Support team and other IT departments to handle escalations of more complex problems.
- Highly motivated individual with experience getting things done in a fast paced environment
- Strong background managing complex on-prem Exchange infrastructure
- Very strong experience with Exchange 2010 and 2013/2016 in a mixed client environment (Windows and Mac)
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory
- Excellent knowledge of VMware
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- SAN Storage experience
- General understanding of Linux operating systems
- Configuration Management experience (Chef/DSC) a plus
- SCOM experience a plus
- Veeam experience a plus
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top