Sr. Data Engineer, Analytics
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The position of Senior Data Engineer, Analytics is a key member of the Subscription and Billing team bridging the analytics of Pandora subscription data with the verification and support of the Product Development and Engineering organizations. Data Analytics is a core function at Pandora and we are really looking forward to bringing on someone who loves to dig into the data and find new ways of looking at a problem.
This is a strategic role that will influence the growing data and analytics that enhance our understanding of the Pandora user base. The role is a perfect fit for someone who has a passion for Analytics and Data plus a solid background in software development. You must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- You will create quality assurance testing strategies, sample data and execute against them, helping to provide secure and accurate data pipelines throughout many of our systems.
- Analyze data to confirm relationships and identify potential data quality issues.
- Design, monitor and maintain reports, KPIs and quality trends for various components and system data.
- Perform root cause analysis on identified data issues helping to improve our overall data systems.
- Develop/utilize testing software that will contribute to building flexible and scalable data testing automation solutions.
- Identify and communicate risks with respect to upcoming releases/projects.
- Verify accuracy of data sets and ensure the data is delivered in the correct layout/format/schema.
- Contribute in Product requirement meetings helping to influence the design and development of new features/projects from a Data and Quality perspective.
- Serve as the liaison between the Engineering team in key data stakeholders including Product Analytics, Marketing Analytics, and the Subscription Business teams.
- 5 years development experience and 2-3 years of data or analytics engineering experience working with big data technologies ala Hadoop environment
- 2 years of experience test automation experience - specifically testing data pipelines, data quality and APIs.
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical skills ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality.
- Development of high performance SQL/Hive queries and data transformation jobs.
- Strong relational database skills - design, scalability, data analysis, mapping, and modeling.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field such as Mathematics, Data Science, Economics, Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, SQL, JSON, Spark, Teradata or Oracle data technologies.
- UNIX/Linux experience, and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top