Sports Account Manager
- Chicago, IL
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers" href="http://www.siriusxm.com/careers">www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Account Manager will develop new business for radio advertising sales at the client and agency levels. Responsible for the full sales cycle of advertising sales and maximizing SiriusXM's revenue opportunities. Provides customer service to existing clients to maintain and grow business relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates leads, targets prospective clients and obtains meetings to make pitches and presentations to clients that cater to audiences of SiriusXM’s Sports content.
- Responds to and follows-up on sales inquiries in a timely and attentive manner.
- Works with prospects to determine advertising needs and creates proposals that actively address client needs.
- Consistently closes deals.
- Identifies the most appropriate SiriusXM advertising channels for clients.
- Negotiates and sells advertising time to national advertisers and ad agencies, using corporate pricing parameters.
- Communicates advertising and contract arrangements to the client.
- Work with General Sales Team at SiriusXM to represent Sports properties as part of larger SiriusXM proposal
- Performs other duties assigned by the Vice President, Sports Ad Sales.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 3+ years Ad Sales experience in a media/publishing/broadcasting organization with a focus selling sports advertising and sponsorships
- Experience in the area of Audio Sales
- Advertising agency experience considered
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Some travel required
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top