Specialist, Programming Operations
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
This position will serve as the primary, day-to-day party responsible for Programming’s needs and efforts within the Electronic Programming Guide scheduling system. This includes troubleshooting, assistance in prioritizing items, and grid creation among other responsibilities. The hire will manage multiple relationships across Programming, Marketing and Operations. The role will also work on related projects within both metadata and SiriusXM’s On Demand systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electronic Programming Guide Scheduling System:
- Serve as day-to-day lead for mission critical system.
- Understand deeper system functionality.
- Ability to quickly create necessary documents for urgent situations.
- Oversee day-to-day troubleshooting and communication with Broadcast Ops team.
- Ensure that scheduling has been entered correctly, especially for high-priority content.
- Aid in prioritization of changes during busy periods.
- Effectively communicate with various departments to meet all necessary deadlines.
- Train new users and provide ongoing support to insure best possible UX.
- Serve as primary backup for internal content-on-demand system.
- Set up new shows in system and troubleshoot any issues with current shows.
- Serve as primary backup for internal metadata system.
- Guide the association of daily and evergreen metadata by multiple areas of Programming based on Best Practices guidelines.
- Both external, user facing metadata, as well as internal backend metadata.
- Review and provide ongoing feedback for metadata and the user experience driven by this metadata.
- Communicate and troubleshoot issues and questions on metadata with Programming and Product teams.
- Provide recommendations to improvements in Best Practices guidance as well as overall workflow.
- Daily QA of app for metadata and functionality issues.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in EPG or equivalent scheduling system, metadata or content management systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Experience with work-order/ticketing systems and workflows.
- Understanding of metadata systems and theories.
- Very detail oriented and able to adhere to moving deadlines.
- Ability to quickly master new computer software/programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot workflow issues.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience with CMS a plus.
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm#benefits
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top