Software Engineering Manager, Tools and Infrastructure
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is looking for a manager of a new tools team, to build out world-class development processes and tools for the hundreds of mobile and backend software engineers working here.
You’ve managed a tools team before, and you know how to hire great engineers. You’ve got a proven track record of taking best-practices and making them much better. You’ve worked on large, complex codelines of multi language source code. You know how frustrating it is to take unnecessary hours to get things released safely to end-users.
You’re aware of the best tools available for automated building and testing, and you stay up to date. You understand what to solve with a Gradle plugin, and what to solve with a Jenkins plugin. And you naturally build strong alliances with QA, Release Engineering and the many stakeholders in Engineering.
- Own the tools, processes and team involved in building, testing and deploying complex software written in multiple languages (Java, Swift, Objective-C, Python, Scala)
- Take ownership of improving code quality
- Measure and constantly improve time from checkin to deployment.
- Define the strategy for world class software development infrastructure at Pandora
- Work closely with Release Engineering, QA and Engineering leads to improve processes
- Communicate changes effectively and clearly
- BA/BSc or equivalent in Comp Sci
- 5+ years managing software teams
- 10+ years in cutting edge technology building, testing and deploying systems
- Experience with 24x7 systems constantly in use by tens of thousands of users
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top