Software Engineer, Web
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora is looking for an innovative Software Engineer who is inspired by building beautiful websites that are also ruthlessly performant. As a member of our Core Engineering team, you will participate in important design decisions and play a key role in the development of Pandora's service, used daily by our rapidly expanding community of over 80 million listeners. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to develop on the entire technology stack, with an emphasis on front-end development. You will have the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a highly collaborative team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in building consumer web applications.
- Familiarity with server-side MVC frameworks
- Knowledge and experience working with Node applications
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile software development, code reviews, and unit testing
- Experience with Web Audio, Media Source Extensions, or Adaptive bitrate streaming
- Experience diagnosing and correcting web performance issues. Flame charts, containment views, and waterfall charts should be an everyday part of your web development process.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java
- Experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit
- Experience working with Apache, Jetty, or Tomcat
- Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top