Software Engineer, Listeners Services (Java)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora’s Listeners Services group builds services and develops features for Pandora’s listeners. The Listeners Services group has a range of opportunities for engineers with experience building service-oriented backend systems to bring their skill set to Pandora’s users. We’re looking for engineers passionate about producing high quality server-side applications that engage users at a high level, and that scale to the many tens of millions of monthly listeners Pandora’s applications reach.
You should have demonstrated strong engineering skills in multiple languages, experience with designing large-scale systems, data modeling and storage for large applications, and a passion for learning new skills. You should have an understanding of high-performance and scalable Java application development, and experience with building real-world robust applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, code review. You should be highly motivated and bring an attitude of personal responsibility and technical leadership to the team.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience
- A passion for building high quality software
- Expert level experience developing server software in Java
- Experience with SQL and/or noSQL database systems
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
- Comfortable working across the full technology stack
- Significant experience with automated testing
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in other programming languages such as Python
- Knowledge of HDFS / HIVE
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with API design (RPC-style and/or RESTful)
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top