SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Demonstrate strong engineering skills in multiple languages, experience with designing large-scale systems, and data modeling with a passion for learning new skills. We are looking for someone who will own, lead, and execute projects. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding and proven track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual should have an understanding of high-performance and distributed databases, and experience with building real-world robust, data oriented applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, code review. He/She must be able to work effectively cross-functionally, listen, share, be thorough, clear/concise, think ahead with respect to decisions and insights. The candidate should be highly motivated and bring an attitude of personal responsibility and technical leadership to the team.
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years experience back-end development and/or data engineering experience
- 2-3 years of experience with SQL and/or NoSQL distributed databases such as Postgres, Redis, BigQuery, Hive
- Big Data and data engineering experience with technologies such as Spark, DataFlow, Hive, Kafka/PubSub
- Experience with REST API design and development
- Passion for continuous integration, testing, and automation
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work with remote personnel/team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python or Java
- Industrial experience with cloud data engineering technologies on AWS, GCP or Azure a plus
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm#benefits
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.