Software Engineer III - Java, Kafka
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Ads Engineering team is looking for a software engineer to join a team focused on building robust solutions to support the ad delivery functions for our industry-leading advertising business. Our ideal candidate should have an understanding of high-performance and scalable Java application development, and experience with building real-world robust applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, code review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, testable, and reliable Java code, making sure that object-oriented programming standards are applied.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications by following industry best practices related to distributed computing.
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities, applying modern software development methodologies including build automation and code reviews.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Perform unit testing, bug fixes, and integrates software into a larger system.
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline or Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline and three (3) years of experience in job offered or three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of software engineering.
Requirements and General Skills:
- 3+ years experience developing back-end server software, preferably in Java, using Java/J2EE design patterns, data structure & algorithms.
- Experience with API designs/development (i.e. REST, RPC, SOAP) with standards based interchange (JSON, XML, Thrift)
- Desired experience with Redis, Kafka
- General knowledge of Large Scale/ Multi-tier architecture and Test Frameworks
- Passion for continuous integration, testing, and automation
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top