Software Engineer III
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Senior Engineer on Web Platform Team designs and develops features for our in-market apps as well as upcoming new products. Mentor and provide guidance to the team and Jr team members. Promote and model engineering best practices across the team and the engineering org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and code features and bug fixes for in-market applications and new upcoming projects
- 4+ years industry experience and 2 years developing consumer web applications
- Solid knowledge of web standards, best practices, and browser compatibility issues.
- Exposure to design patterns of web applications like API design and efficient implementations.
- Fluency in developing both object-oriented and functional code, on server and client
- Experience writing unit, integration and acceptance tests.
- Good to have: React & Typescript experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- web standards, best practices, and browser compatibility issues
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top