Software Engineer III
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a member of the Voice team at Pandora you are responsible for building and maintaining the service
that supports Voice interactions across our native mobile applications and third-party devices. You work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact. You're comfortable working in a distributed team, in a fast-paced environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end user in mind.
You have a solid foundation of Java development and are comfortable building services at scale. You are familiar with cloud software deployment and monitoring tools and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code the voice service business logic and APIs to power next generation
- SiriusXM/Pandora streaming clients
- Write unit and integration tests and advise Quality Engineering on acceptance tests
- Create/modify schemas as needed to achieve feature and user interface requirements
- Demonstrate working software during in-person and/or virtual meetings with stakeholders
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to SCRUM meetings (daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospective)
- Lead or contribute to investigations and discussions with other developers, product management, designers, data scientists, and talent curator/creator personnel as a representative of the voice team
- Write documentation both for consumers of the API as well as for team members also working on the services
- Perform services deployment activities, perform maintenance, and respond to production issues as needed.
- 3+ years development experience with a focus on microservice development
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available, highly performant and maintainable internet applications.
- Experience with cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services) Experience with API design/development (i.e. RPC, REST, JSON)
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, design patterns and their impacts on application concurrency and scalability.
- or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling methods.
- Experience with Voice platforms or Natural Language Processing technologies
- Experience with anomaly detection, analysis of high volume metrics,
- recommender, or search systems.
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top