Software Engineer III
- Atlanta, GA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Our Ads Engineering team is looking for a full-stack engineer to help develop finance-oriented solutions across a wide variety of applications in our ads ecosystem. While this position focuses primarily on ad finance applications, it also has a strong emphasis on collaborating across many other neighboring teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will have the opportunity to build and elaborate:
- Kafka-based stream processing applications
- Web applications with a variety of tech (Python/Django, Java, Node.js/React)
- API-focused services (GraphQL and REST)
- Google Cloud solutions using BigQuery, Composer, Hive, etc.
Because we contribute to and integrate with many different applications, you will often encounter new systems built using technologies that may be new to you. You must be comfortable with a constant state of learning and remain highly motivated in your efforts to understand many different systems.
Testing, automation and code review are at the core of our work. You will participate earnestly in code review, seeking to build understanding in the process. Where you find toil, you will leave automation. And while we don't subscribe to a particular testing dogma, we value testing greatly and expect that you do, too.
Collaboration and communication are also essential to life on our team. You'll work with many other ad engineering teams, as well as many teams outside of that space. You'll also work closely with our product management team, who in turn work tirelessly to distill our stakeholders' needs for us. You will be fully invested in all of these interactions, striving always to enable others.
You prize creativity, simplicity, pragmatism and attention to detail, and we do too.
- 3+ years of back end development experience using Python, Java or another modern language
- At least one year of front end development experience
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a self-directed manner
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Ability to work effectively with remote personnel/team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- 3+ years of experience with Python application development (preferably using Django)
- Ability to design, develop, test and deploy web applications using common standards and frameworks
- Experience with web-based API design and development (e.g., GraphQL, REST)
- Understanding of public cloud offerings (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Understanding of container-based application deployment (e.g., Docker+Kubernetes)
- Experience building stream processing systems on Kafka
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts (PostgreSQL experience preferred)
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top