Software Engineer 2017 Road Crew Intern, Infrastructure
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Want to learn how to build software at scale? Help us ensure that we can deliver the perfect song to the next million listeners. We have a terrific position available for a talented & enthusiastic individual to work on Pandora's infrastructure team designing and building software foundational to the Pandora service.
What’s in it for you:
- Contribute to high-profile areas of development including data infrastructure, high performance systems, analytics: hadoop, hive, spark, distributed systems, terabyte data pipelines, communication protocols and more
To land this gig, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field to be completed in 2018
- Experience developing object oriented software in Java
- Experience with NoSQL architectures such as redis or memcache preferred
- Experience with Big Data processing concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, Hive or Spark preferred
- Experience with Agile software development preferred
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux
- Experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top